2018年10月16日 星期二

The Road Not Taken/ Robert Frost

The Road Not Taken 
Robert Frost
Photo: David Joly 

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood 
And looked down one as far as I could 
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 

Then took the other, as just as fair, 
And having perhaps the better claim, 
Because it was grassy and wanted wear; 
Though as for that the passing there 
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay 
In leaves no step had trodden black. 
Oh, I kept the first for another day! 
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 

I shall be telling this with a sigh 
Somewhere ages and ages hence: 
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— 
I took the one less traveled by, 
And that has made all the difference.

25 則留言 :

  1. H1059332 王俐
    U1048158 林欣儀
    I like English since I was child, so I divided to major English.

    回覆刪除
  2. 吳泰良 洪鈺涵

    When I went to the convenience store to bought something to eat.
    I always thought I should eat cookies or dinner.
    I chose the cookies and I went home to eat.
    Until midnight,I regret why I didn’t buy dinner to eat.

    回覆刪除
  3. Learning English is my motivation to make me better and one of my interests.
    H105A127林子琦
    H105A146張雅雯

    回覆刪除
  4. When I graduated from senior high school,I make a lot of choice of choosing college.
    H105102 林辰穎
    H105A18 陳郁淇

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. What do you mean by saying "a lot of choice"?

      刪除
  5. 張名余 袁均璿

    When I entered college,I feel that I am different from others because I am not a freshmen.
    I dropped out of high school,then go to army first. I feel that I will return as a soldier first,and no worries.

    回覆刪除
  6. H105A113周郁婷
    H105A115謝惇婷
    I went to college to study English because it was my interest and my learning goal in my life.

    回覆刪除
  7. After school, I always hasitate what should I eat for dinner.


    H105A132乙緁
    H105A130其言

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. What I should eat for dinner.
      What should I eat for dinner?

      刪除
  8. H103A104廖祐笙 H103A121趙子賓
    I like to do exercises with friends,therefore,I decide to be a coach at the gym.

    回覆刪除
  9. H105A153 葉佳雯
    H105A154 陳姿秀
    I chose English because I want to go abroad to learn more.

    回覆刪除
  10. H105A139謝旻真
    I decided to get a university degree. I thought I don’t need it so when I graduated from high school, I decided to go to other country to see the world. However when I back to Taiwan, I found that each of my friends were studying university. In that moment, I recognized that nowadays high school degree is not enough.

    回覆刪除
  11. Before I graduated from junior high, I had to choose the department which I wanted to choose. At that time, I didn’t know which department I’d like to take apart in. At last, I chose “Department of Applied English” to start my new life in junior high. Every now and then, I do love it and don’t be upset because I can enhance my language ability.

    H105A135 李玟靜
    H105A125 王孝宇

    回覆刪除
  12. When I’m very thirsty in a hot day, I made a decision to drink coke or drink water.
    H103a110 陳玫錡
    H103a120 洪莉涵

    回覆刪除
  13. l want to buy a new limited edition shoes ;but I don’t have enough money,therefore l decide to patience.
    H105A143羅佩芬
    H105A150樊育瀅

    回覆刪除
  14. 作者已經移除這則留言。

    回覆刪除
  15. Is always hard when it comes to life decision. When I finished my military duty I had two jobs offer, one is stay in Kaoshoung which I have more time to spend with my family. And the other one is come to Taichung with better paycheck .I end up choosing Taichung for better pay. It was a hard choice for me so I tell myself to believe the decision that I made and trust myself I can do it.

    回覆刪除
  16. I chose to work when I graduated,because everyone has their own choices.My friends ask me would you regret it?
    I said I don’t regret.
    This road makes people grow stronger

    回覆刪除
  17. H105A148 林書馨
    I transferred from the accounting department to the English Department.

    回覆刪除
  18. U104P225 陳雅琳
    I am very annoyed, I not sure if I choose food technology. Maybe translation is better. I try to find way.

    回覆刪除
  19. I like to do powerlifting,but I don't want to be a coach.Beacuse The gym is too commercial.

    回覆刪除