2017年10月13日 星期五

The Road Not Taken/ Robert Frost

The Road Not Taken 
Robert Frost
Photo: David Joly 
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

41 則留言 :

  1. 張元柏:
    2. 高中畢業時選擇了先去當兵沒有選擇上大學,沒有後悔但也不覺得是好的選擇

    回覆刪除
  2. When I had to chose college and major. It is important choices for me. I thought that much time because I don't want to far away my home.

    回覆刪除
  3. 參加系學會,會很多活動要籌備,做道具。原本打算要打工,但是時間會不夠分配,但是社團是大學難得的經歷,而打工賺錢卻是畢業後一直在做的,那麼我決定選擇社團,充實我的大學生活

    回覆刪除
  4. 2.When I graduated from the senior high school,I want to study Chinese major. My parents told me that it's not good chosen. I listened my parents advices. I continued to study Apply English major.

    回覆刪除
  5. 記得當初高中也想讀英文 結果推甄上餐管科就去了
    嗯然後浪費了三年都在吃東西變胖 最後還是回來讀應英系

    回覆刪除
  6. 1. I'll make me in a place full of challenge. Because if I was in that place , I can be indestructible.

    2.If the option is too useless and complex, I think I'll avoid it. And that's how I make decisions.

    回覆刪除
  7. 1. A restaurant without menu. You would never know what you will get until the dishes are served.
    2. I chose to transfer to this university. And I am not sure if it is a good idea.

    回覆刪除
  8. 2.my experience of making life decisions:
    To change my major,I had majored hospitality management when I was freshman ,but I changed my major one year ago, so I am here right now.

    回覆刪除
  9. 原本不打算讀大學想直接就業,但幸好我選擇繼續就學,充實我的人生

    回覆刪除
  10. 2.My experience of making life decisions is changing major.

    回覆刪除
  11. 2.My experience of making life decisions is to choose study English or cooking in senior high school.

    回覆刪除
  12. In the summer vacation between high school and collage, I made a decision that I decided to go to a cram school and got a job. Till now, I had thought about the life if I didn't choose to be a English teacher in cram school, I might not have much money to enjoy my collage life to go out with friends, I may have more time to enjoy the time to hold the activities in the second year in a association at school, I may have more time to make more friends. But I made the decision, I chose to have the job, maybe I have a little regret, but the most time I think I'm lucky to choose the job and to keep it in my life as a good experience.

    回覆刪除
  13. 1.It's like the univers, I can move by floating to any planet which I want to stay.
    2.高中是應英系,後來考餐旅群想擺脫應英,起初填志願時都沒外語相關系,結果因為家人勸說而把應英填進志願然後莫名其妙上了..於是再次回歸應英

    回覆刪除
  14. 1.The lipsticks are the metaphors about my major life decisions. It is too difficult to choose the most favorite one. But e
    We need to do it.
    2.I wanted to study Advertising Design, everyone said English was more useful in the future, so I chose Department of Applied Foreign Languages.

    回覆刪除
  15. When I was a junior student, it was too difficult to choose what major I should study in high school. Finally, I choose Applied English.

    回覆刪除
  16. 1. A metaphor about my life decisions is the shells on the seashore. When I go to the shore I like to pick up beautiful shells and take it home but I can't take all of them home.
    2. When I was in elementary school, I hated English and didn't want to learn it. But something important happened to me and I determined to learn English at all costs. And now, I'll say I made a right decision and it's the best decision I've ever made.

    回覆刪除
  17. 1.setting in the road of habits
    Didn't make the right decision for my habits which means that I was interested in playing instruments or other
    But I don't

    2.chose the friend instead of another

    回覆刪除
  18. 2.I like listen to Japanese songs and I am insterested in Japenese culture.But I chose the Applied English because I wanted to study in Taichung and the school is near the school where my sister studied in.I major English and learn Japenese in my free time.And my parents are glad to let me study English because they think English is important.

    回覆刪除
  19. In the beginning,I’ve chose business be my major,but I changed my mind and chose English.

    回覆刪除
  20. 2.When I shopping online, both of two clothes I like, I should make decision.

    回覆刪除
  21. 我原本大一是唸美髮系但還好我轉系因為我不喜歡美髮

    回覆刪除
  22. My experience of making life decisions is join the student association.

    回覆刪除
  23. 2. Making life decision is to choose department of applied foreign language or general education.

    回覆刪除
  24. 2.The first big decision you'll probably have to make in your young adult life is which college—or, even earlier, high school—to go to, but that might also depend on the area you're interested in studying.

    回覆刪除
  25. I want to study in applied English since I studied in junior high school.
    Now,I achieve and don't regret.

    回覆刪除
  26. 2.Sometimes I am so worried about a decision. When I choose the major, I found someone who I trust. My family and my friends gave me some advice and then I could make a decision clearly.

    回覆刪除
  27. 2.When I was a freshman in DAE in YDA(育達科技大學). I decided to transfer university because the environment of there is too inconvenient. But it came to a problem, it didn't have members in DAE in HKU. So I chose 文創系 as my department. Unfortunately,It's too difficult to learn something different to me. In the end,I get back to Applied English in HKU.

    回覆刪除
  28. 2. When I went to university I choose applied English as my mayjor but that is not my expectation because I want to mayjor in tourism that is my mayjor in senior high school

    回覆刪除
  29. I made the decision to transfer to this department last year. I was majoring in civil engineering, but I think English is my favorite. Until now, I haven't felt regretful.

    回覆刪除
  30. 2.When I wanted to eat both MCDonald and KFC for dinner, but I only had 100 dollars.

    回覆刪除
  31. 2..When I junior I selected Apply English for my high school because of my teacher's suggestion

    回覆刪除
  32. 2 In my junior high school, I am interested in International Trade, but finally I think that I am not good at math. So I dicide to choose Applied English for my major. Because of my English is best in every subject. Especially good at math.
    1. Like a lot of kind of clothes . If you don't try it, you will never know that the clothes whether suits you. Maybe look like perfect maybe not suitable. Choose your own style.

    回覆刪除
  33. 2.I change my major from Physical therapy to Applied English in my sophomore year. I never regret about this decision because I am afraid of breaking the patient's bone.

    回覆刪除
  34. When choosing own career,it will develop it in your area. You never know what will happen when you choosing different company and area. Just like I am working in China Airline now, but I never know what will happen when I choosing Eva air back to the time maked the decision.

    回覆刪除
  35. 2.I hope I can choice another major, but I think twice I also choice english

    回覆刪除
  36. 2. I study about business in my senior high school, but I change my mind to study English in my university.

    回覆刪除
  37. 2.
    Transfer to day school is my important life decision, I was not a study hard student before college, but now I think I chose the better path for my life.

    回覆刪除
  38. 1.If I had to create a metaphor about our major life decisions , I would say that is a stake .
    Because we don't know our decisions if let you win or lose. It's a gamble.
    2. I am not good at making decisions in my life. So I have to listen to others' advices. In order to avoid making wrong decisions.

    回覆刪除
  39. Originally to go Kaohsiung school, because the mother doesn't allow, so stay in this school, if not for this reason I will not with good friends reconciled, and become a boyfriend, this is great!

    回覆刪除
  40. 2. The chance that I took the school when I graduated from junior high school.

    回覆刪除