2017年11月6日 星期一

Shakespeare’s Sonnet 18

Photo by Stock Montage/Getty Images
Sonnet 18 
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date: 

Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed,
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course untrimmed: 

But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st, 

So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

48 則留言 :

  1. Yes,as the history that we studied,the man or the people will leave, but the words and the story will stay.

    回覆刪除
  2. No, it is strong but not forever

    回覆刪除
  3. In my opinion, it will preserved in the poem.

    回覆刪除
  4. Yes, because of it's preservation in poem

    回覆刪除
  5. 不同意。任何美貌都無法以最完美的形式留存,經過時間的沖刷,其美貌都會模糊不清。

    回覆刪除
  6. Yes,because you will be described in the poem.

    回覆刪除
  7. No, I think it's not forever.

    回覆刪除
  8. I agree because of Shakespread.

    回覆刪除
  9. No,because we can’t see what poem write.

    回覆刪除
  10. yes,because when I read a poem,I can feel those emotions.

    回覆刪除
  11. 2.I agree,because the poetry is the same as picture. We can describe her beauty to preserve it.

    回覆刪除
  12. I disagree.Because it just a poem.It can not to preserved in the poem.

    回覆刪除
  13. Yes,I think anyone's love is valuable. If you dead, your love will be preserved in other way at that time.

    回覆刪除
  14. I agree. Beauty is preserved in the poem just like the word in the poem.they all preserved for a long time.

    回覆刪除
  15. 2. Yes, I think beautiful things can be reserved by any forms, you love it and you will remember it forever.

    回覆刪除
  16. A little bit not. You wrote down what you want to memorize but the thing that you wrote could not exist anymore.

    回覆刪除
  17. Not agree completely. Even the complexion of things will keep the same in a poem, but time will change the definition of beauty.So some of the beauty things would not lasting forever.

    回覆刪除
  18. No, everything will eventually come to an end even love.

    回覆刪除
  19. Yes, the poetry can be touching the later generation.

    回覆刪除
  20. Yes, because you will live in the poem forever.

    回覆刪除
  21. Yes I agree. The beauty will not perish because it is preserved in the poem. People can stay forever if someone wrote any beauty in poem that people in the future could know this guy.

    回覆刪除
  22. No,beautiful is just a moment,it can't always be preserved.

    回覆刪除
  23. I don't think so, the poem is made of words, however, everyone has itself interpretation, everytime it's different. The painting is completely preseved.

    回覆刪除
  24. Yes,beauty will disappear.People will die oneday.If the beauty preserved in the poem,it will last forever.

    回覆刪除
  25. Yes, I agree. I can feel the wonderful things when I read the poetry. It is forever.

    回覆刪除
  26. No, because every fair will disappear. Although preserved in poem, it's abstract.

    回覆刪除
  27. I don't agree.Because nothing can be preserved forever.

    回覆刪除
  28. Yes, it is beautiful

    回覆刪除
  29. Yes,I agree.Because I think poetry could record beautiful things.

    回覆刪除
  30. I disagree, because poem is compose of words, and words are abstract.

    回覆刪除
  31. Yes,because poem can be preserved. When you are reading the poem, you still can feel it.

    回覆刪除
  32. 1.No, nothing is immortal.

    回覆刪除
  33. 2. Yes, I agree. When you read the poem, you still can feel it.

    回覆刪除
  34. Yes,I agree . Cause it always exist.

    回覆刪除
  35. I disagree, I think the beauty will 消失,隨著時間流逝,love and beauty will disappear.

    回覆刪除
  36. i think love can exist in any forms

    回覆刪除
  37. 2. Yes. Because we can appreciate the beauty from the poetry.

    回覆刪除
  38. Yes,I think just like this poem,love is perfect and unchanging. I won't give up him because his shortcomings.

    回覆刪除
  39. 2. Agree, we could imagine beauty by reading the poem.

    回覆刪除
  40. Yes i agree because beauty describe in the poem will make people imagine what he said

    回覆刪除
  41. Disagree the beauty will dissappear

    回覆刪除
  42. 2. Beauty can’t be preserved, even in the poem, because nothing gold can stay.

    回覆刪除
  43. Yes, I agree. Poetry will always be retained, but moment maybe forgot.

    回覆刪除
  44. 2.Yes, I think beautiful things can be preserved by poem.Because the word can preserve our emotion and memory. When we read the poem, we can think our beautiful memory.

    回覆刪除
  45. I disagree. Cuz beauty can't be preserved

    回覆刪除
  46. 2. Yes, I agree that beauty can preserved in the poem.
    Because in that century, they didn’t have camera.
    So the only way is writing or painting.

    回覆刪除