UNIT 1 VIDEO TEEN ROCK CLIMBER
1.2
(Kai) “I think that discipline, to me, means being able to work hard at something that you strive to achieve and staying focused on that goal, and never letting it go no matter what. You should always have that ambition and that drive to do the thing you love to do.”
(Kai) “My name is Kai Lightner and I'm 14 years old.”
(Kai’s mother) “I have no idea what got him so hooked on competition climbing.”
(Kai) “I've been competing forever. I competed at my first nationals in 2007.”
This is Kai's coach. He says Kai was placed fourth when he competed at his first world championship.
(Kai’s coach) “He has won anything you can win in America.”
In the morning, Kai practices before he goes to school. After school, he does homework and goes to the climbing gym. He doesn't have time after school to hang out with his friends.
(Kai) “There’s not much climbing in Fayetteville.”
(Kai’s mother) “He loves the people, he loves the environment, but it’s not the same as the competition walls, or even the competition-type routes that he climbs.”
So Kai goes to the Triangle Rock Club to climb once a week. It’s about an hour and a half away from his city.
Kai also likes to climb outdoors. When climbing outdoors, he pays attention to things around him, such as the weather. It’s different from climbing indoors because conditions indoors are always the same.
(Kai) “To me, climbing is climbing no matter where it is, whether it’s outside or inside
沒有留言 :
張貼留言