2014年7月5日 星期六

Love/ 張瀟

Love
進階英文作文2Ac 張瀟


  The true essence of being alive is to love and be loved. Love is simple but also complicated at the same time. It’s simple because it consists of only four letters but complicated since it contains nearly all kinds of complex feelings, such as happy, sad, hopeful and despairing. We, including all the creatures on the earth, live for love and die for love too. Love is the reason why everything exists in the world, red or blue. What’s love? It’s too hard to give an exact definition even though you are the cleverest person. In the dictionary, it says “love is the feeling that a person’s happiness is very important to you, and the way you show this feeling in your behavior towards them.” I agree with this viewpoint for some part. However, love is not only a feeling or a way. It may be a certain substance or invisible spirit sometimes. In my opinion, love appears diversely in different people’s lives, so far as to different life phases of a person. Life is a wonderful journey with your loved people and love is the most beautiful scenery of your life.
  In this article, I want to talk about my understanding of love and my real experiences on love. Hope you will like my stories and they will remind you of your past with tears or smile. Now let’s begin with the original question “What’s love”.


What’s love?

  Love is affection. When I was a kid, love was a small candy that my mom gave me, which shows great warmness from my mom. The sweet favor includes not only sugar but also the genuine affection that my mom held to me. So in our young ages, love may be just a certain substance bringing happy to us. Love can be an umbrella in a rainy day. Or a delicious ice cream in summer. The moment we feel delighted is the time we meet love.
  Love is friendship. Then I grow up as a primary school student. I made friends with my classmates and we took classes as well as had fun together. At that time, love touched us when we played games after class. Tired but happy, we ran and jumped on the playground in the sunshine. I still remember the sound we laughed and the color of our sweat. We kept in company with each other no matter what we did or where we went.
  Love is Amor. How time flies! Now I’ m a college student and I have a boyfriend who treats me as his own life. We go on a date from time to time, watch movie with popcorn, have dinner, go swimming and traveling. You can’t imagine how nice life can be until you meet such a person planed by God and destiny. Love is accompanying and forgiving as well. Once I chose to be with him, I have prepared to enjoy his virtue and tolerate his shortcomings.
  Love is appreciation. Appreciate love is very different from other love because it’s one-sided love. There exists a person who will never know me but I also worship him to death. The time he shows up on TV, I get excited and amazed like a mad man. He may be the reason why I like singing and behave optimistic in real life. He is the shiny star in my eyes and no one can stop me from imitating him. He is JAY I mean. He is the guide of my life who leads me to the bright heaven.
  No one can live without love I think. Everyone can show love to others and receive love from others. True love has no relationship with money, privilege, background and class. As long as we are bona fide, we can come across love everywhere. Holding firm faith in mind, I begin to start my journey with love. Hope you will like my stories of love.

Affection

  The moment we were born to the earth, we were surrounded by our parents and relatives. They gave us food and drink and brought us up day by day. So affection might be the first kind of love we experienced of our life. “Affection is indeed the least discriminating of love”(54). Almost anyone can become an object of affection; the ugly, the stupid, even the exasperating. It reminds me of a funny joke: One day a mother held her ugly baby in arms and she kissed her baby, saying “you are so cute and pretty, honey.” Several minutes later, a little boy passed by and saw them. He stared at the baby then said “Can I touch your monkey?” So we can imagine how bad-looking the baby is. But in the mother’s eyes, she’s smart and nice. It is because affection is the least discriminating.
  We can let out our homely faces at home while we may behave differently in other occasion. “Affection is the humblest love. It gives itself no airs”(56). Mother and father are able to relief our bad temper as well as complaint about something. It’s okay to make our bedroom a definitely mess or didn’t take a shower before going to bed someday. We behave as the most real individual and take it for granted, which is unbelievable in love of friends or lovers.
  “Affection would not be affection if it was loudly and frequently expressed; to produce it in public is like getting your household furniture out for a move ” (56).No matter how hot the sun is or how heavy the rain is, my father would get up early to send me to school on foot when I was a kid. We said nothing on the way but just said “goodbye” in front of the school gate as if it’s a father’s mission. When it comes to my mom, I feel grateful for her because her silent love. She works in perspiration in order to give me the best education and stretch my mind through traveling to various areas. No need to talk and on need to express how deeply we love each other, we make sense in heart all the time.

Friendship

  It’s not good to be alone. I can’t agree more because everyone needs friends and friendship. When we were kids, we had fun and played the games with our friends in the kindergarten. After later, two or more people were always doing the same thing together like sisters, such as having meals, going to school, doing exercise and so on. I think no one can live without friendship. As an old saying goes, no man is an island.
  However, in the book the four loves, the author said without erotic love none of us been reared; but we can live and breed without friendship (88). I don’t think so. There are some secrets in one’s mind which she wants to share with no one but her friends or best friends. Friends are the most proper people for us to pour out all our words and thinking. Sometimes, one feels embarrassed to tell her boyfriend or husband that she has done a stupid thing, but it’s okay to share it with her friends since “Eros will have naked bodies; friendship naked personalities”(103). A close friend knows all aspects of you so you can do anything you like to do without being shame.
  We became friends because we share the similar value and enjoy the common interest. “Lovers are normally face to face, absorbed in each other; Friends, side by side, absorbed in some common interest”(91). I show a great passion in traveling which brought me several friends to me. Easy and happy, we talk about beautiful scenery and places together now and then. Traveling with a group of similar friends is really fantastic. We take photos for each other and take care of each other. I even take it for granted so I seldom say “thank you” but “love you” instead. Even gratitude is no enrichment to this love. The stereotype “Don’t mention it” here expresses what we really feel.

Appreciation

  “It has revealed to me a deficiency in our previous classification of the loves into those of need and those of gift”(32). When it comes to love, we can go out not only to substance but also to creatures. There probably exists a man or woman whom you want to honor and imitate. “When it offered to a woman we call it admission; When to a man, hero worship; to God, worship simply”(33).Those kinds of people lead us to a brighter place since they are shiny star in our eyes. They created miracles that touched us, even we could never meet and talk to them in real life.
  As for me, Jay was my superstar and hero during my junior and senior high school. All I held for him was appreciative pleasures at that time. I made sense of friendship, love and families more deeply and clearly from his music and his experience before. He always holds a grateful emotion to his mother since he lives in single-parent family and all he has is mother love. One of his records has the same name of his mom in order to show his thanks to mother. “Appreciative love gazes and holds its breath and is silent”(45). I can’t agree more. The more I love Jay, the more I love my mom. Listening to his songs drives me to care more about my mother and to accompany her. In his songs, he describes how tough but happy his mother brought him up. He let me know I ought to study hard in order to provide her a better and comfortable life when I grow up. Another thing changed me is about piano. As we all know, Jay can play the piano very well. Because I appreciate him, I started my journey with piano. I shared happiness and sorrow with my piano from my childhood until now. It’s Jay who leads me to a special island where I can enjoy my life to the fullest. “We give thanks to them for the great glory”(37). Never had I thought I could be so rich inside because of Jay. Appreciative love enlightens me to create glorious future and, at the same time, to live a colorful life currently.

Conclusion

  There are a thousand Hamlets in a thousand people’s eyes, so is love. Even though love differs in thousands of ways, we can see love through similar actions like a kiss, a hug, a smile and so on.
  Every time I give my mom a call from a place far away from home, we talk about what we ate and what we did today. Never did we say “I love you” or “I miss you”. But when she urges me to add clothes in winter and drink more water in summer, I feel love in my bones. Every time I catch the smell of cooking flying to my room from her kitchen and the sight of her back preparing dinner for me, I see love.
 Every time I walk down the street with my friends side by side, scream on the roller coaster together and quarrel for tiny things but forgive each other now and then, I see love. The time we laugh together, cry together, enjoy a party, go on a vacation on the beach and take pictures together, I see love.
 The moment my boyfriend joins his hand with me, whispers for sweet words on my ears or covers his warm coat on my body, I see love. Every time we hold each other tightly and kiss deeply, I see love.
  The time I bought a new CD of Jay after looking for many stores, I see love. Every time I am addicted to singing his songs in KTV or his concert, I see love. I still remember the day I knew he had a girlfriend of my age by accident. No matter how sour my heart is, I still pray for him and hope he can live a happy life. I think love is more like sacrifice than enjoyment.
  When I close my eyes, I can’t see myself, but I see love. Be faithful on love, listen to the deep voice from your heart,

沒有留言 :

張貼留言