2014年7月7日 星期一

Some New Understanding about Love/ 姜珏竹

Some New Understanding about Love
進階英文作文 2Ac 姜珏竹


I still remember one day, in our writing class, our teacher asked us to write an essay named “What is Love?” I was confused. Since for a long time, I have not thought about this “love” word. Maybe I think I have already grown-up; I could not just like a children to talk about love in my everyday life. I should do something mature. But I still wrote something about love.

It’s hard to define the exact meaning of love. But from my perspective, I believe that you can feel you are loved by someone and you could love anyone else in this world. That’s the greatest thing in this entire world. Love is you are trusted by others. Trust is easy to say but difficult to do. You could say that you trust everyone, but in your innermost, you barely trust anyone. It is the most beautiful thing that you know there is someone that you could always depend on. That faith could give you the magic power to achieve everything. When you are alone, when you fail, when you are depressed, or when you are in the roughest moment of your life, as long as you believe that you are loved, you are trusted, it’s enough. At least for me, it’s enough. Love is simple and complex.
Honestly speaking, I felt no good after finishing writing this. I even did not know what I was talking about. Just like the last sentence I wrote, strange and nobody understands.
But the evaluation from our teacher cheered me a lot. Only when our teacher told us that she wanted to teach us “The Four Loves” did I know the real intention about writing that essay. I have to say that I really do not like reading. At first, I was a little resistant about learning and writing about this book. At this point, I have to thanks my teacher a lot. All right, that’s probably a little bit exaggerated. I have to admit that I would not fall in love with this book without my teacher. And after learning something from this book, I also had some new understanding about the “Love” word. Since I am just half-good of the author, I would not talk about love in four dimensions. I would just like to talk the two parts of love. That’s would be easier for me to finish this complex “love” word.
Before the two kinds of love I want to explain, I want to ask a question: what kind of love will you put into the first place among all kinds of love? And what’s your understanding about this kind of love?

    I totally agree with C.S.Lewis that the love of our home. This is a place where we grow up; a place where we have stayed for thousands of days and nights; a place where we know all the people around us; a place where we are familiar with everything when we stay there. What’s more, we definitely won’t let our homes be ruled by any foreigners, because he could not begin and he could achieve nothing.

It would be difficult to find any sinful point of view from which this kind of love could be define criminal. Since our family offers us the first step to surpass selfish love, so this offers us the first step to surpass family selfishness. Of course this love could not be pure at all; it involves love of our neighbors in the town, not the people who live around us but the people we love and trust. But those who do not love the fellow-villagers or fellow-townsmen whom they have seen are not likely to have got very far towards loving “Man” whom they have not. There is no doubt that all kinds of natural affections, including this, could become competitors to spiritual love: but they can also be preliminary simulations of it, training of the spiritual muscles which Grace may later put to a higher service; as women like playing dolls in their childhoods and later they have to nurse their own children after growing up. It might have some reasons to redefine this love; open your right eye. But you first need to have an eye: a creature which had none – which had only get so far as a “photo-sensitive” spot – would be very less likely employed in meditation on that austere text.
Let’s begin!

AFFECTION
Before I read this chapter, my understanding of “affection” is just about the love between men and women. When the text was finished, I waited a moment, closed the book, and began to think about those affections.
I do agree that although mother’s love is defined as “Gifted-love”, it needs to be needed (54). As far as I can see, every kind of love needs responses. No matter what we are, human-beings or animals, we need to be loved and we have to respond to love. I am not saying that if your mother says that she loves you, you must say that you love her, too in return. But you need to do some other things to make her feel your love for her. Words are good, actions would be better. Thus, the love between parents and children could last forever.
Then I want to talk about “affection is the humblest love, it gives itself no air (56).” To some extent, I have to say it is right because we can be loved or we can love everything in our daily life. This kind of affection could happen between two lovers or two friends, even two animals or two plants. The rich could love the poor, the beautiful could love the ugly. As long as the two could feel something that they could not feel from others, they are falling in love with each other. Since love exists everywhere, since we could do everything for our love, how could it be wrong that affection is the humblest love in the world? “Affection almost slinks or seeps through our lives (56).” Sometimes we cannot feel it, or we do not consider it as “affection”, but it does exist, it exists everywhere in our daily lives. Most time just because we take it for granted, we say that there is no love in this world. Since affection has penetrated in every side of our lives, only we use our heart could we actually feel this kind of “humble love”.
I also have to say one sentence is that where there is love, there is jealousy. Take me as an example, I am often jealous when I find my boyfriend talk with other girls. Actually they do not talk something about love, but in my unconscious mind, my boyfriend should not talk with other girls. He should focus on me all the time. Once he had some other things to deal with, I regard it as an enemy. Jealousy is really a horrible thing if we could not know how to control it well. It could lead us to another extreme. It could also be an important reason to destroy love. What’s worse, this kind of bad emotion could not only happen between lovers, but also family members and friends. We must learn to control it and try our best to keep the good side of affection.
We have to admit that no matter who we are, no matter where we are, we have cravings for the affection from others. Living in such a real and cruel society, we are eager for love all the time. It is the love from others that keeps us moving forward. Love gives us power to live, to strive for ourselves. All of us lack the sense of presence. We constantly crave other’s love to prove that we are still alive, we are still being loved. So, please try your best to love others while you are craving for other’s love. One more little tip, love needs responses.

FRIENDSHIP
We have to admit that friendship is worthless when it comes to love, we also have to admit that friendship is high-valued when love comes to an end. Such is called human-nature, contradictory and ridiculous. Actually we can call it “Humanity selfish theory”, which created by me. It exists in every part of our human body.
Put the selfishness aside, friendship is a wonderful thing that makes us feel good and comfortable. It is true that everyone needs friends, one could not be alone or just depend on his family forever. We need to grow up; we need to find someone to trust, to depend on, and to understand. There is someone said that “every firm and serious friendship is really homosexual.” To some extent, I believe it is true since friendship means so much to me. A true friend that can make me feel more secure than my lover. I am not saying that true friendship only exists in two people who are the same sex. We can develop a good friendship with different people of different sexes, it can be men or women, old or young, tall or short. When you feel that he/they is/are the right one/ones, which could be called a real friendship.
Have you ever heard of one sentence that there is no pure friendship between men and women? As far as I could see, this kind of conclusion is incorrect and ridiculous. No matter how things have changed around me, I firmly believe that there do exist pure friendship between men and women. There is not only erotic love could happen on them, but also friend love, even family love. I really do not like that nowadays, most people are talking about everything about love. There are so many things more important and more beautiful than love. The love I am talking now is erotic love. We should find some other things to depend on instead of indulging in love all day long. I guess that’s the real meaning of friendship.
Then I want to talk about “Friendship can be a school of virtue; but also a school of vice (115).” It’s kind of ambivalent but it’s true. If we have developed a bad friendship with others, it would be very easy for us to find out the bad sides of this relationship and we could stop it immediately. That would do no harm to us at all. But the danger is that we often think that we have developed a very good friendship with people. Thus, it could lead us to a very dangerous edge since we begin to become “indifference or deafness to the outer world (115).” We only believe what our own group members have done or said, we are not aware of it at all; we even feel proud of it. That’s the worst part of friendship. We should cherish friendship but not follow it blindly. A good friendship could make people better, but a bad friendship could make people worse. Don’t make our good friendship go bad. To be a better man with the help of a good friendship.
Trust me, I believe that I have learned about “love” more than I have written down. After having written so many words down, I found that my brain was completely blank and I could not write anything more. Please allow to quote something from “New Testament”as my perfect ending: Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. Love is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things and endures all things. Love is never ending.
I prefer this interpretation. From the point of view of human society, this is considerably noble. Of course, whether this is the nature of "love" remains to be turned over. I also question that whether the "Spirit of Dance" can turn human consciousness into this realm of love. It is because there is no end that worth moving forward. The truth of love is never end.

Just to love!

沒有留言 :

張貼留言