2024年5月18日 星期六

企三A 411001762 劉宜郡

5/8 I want to introduce Taiwan's famous food and Taichung area food to Katherine.

Me:Katherine, did you know that stinky tofu, oyster omelette, meatball, and rice blood cake are all famous Taiwanese snacks?
Katherine:I’ve heard of these. Actually, I’ve been studying in Taiwan for five years since coming from Malaysia. I especially love stinky tofu!

Me:Have you heard of the famous sun cake from Taichung?
Katherine:I haven’t heard of that one.

Me:Sun cake is a round-shaped pastry with a sweet filling, mainly made of maltose, and is usually eaten with tea. It’s a traditional snack from Taichung City. If you’re interested in making sun cakes, you can visit the Taichung Sun Cake Museum. They have more information about sun cakes, and you can even sign up to make them! Katherine:That’s cool! You can actually make sun cakes by hand.

Me:Yes, and there’s another delicacy called Moroheiya. It’s a specialty plant from central Taichung, the tender shoots of the jute plant. Jute is used to make ropes and burlap bags. The Moroheiya soup has a thick consistency due to starch, it’s refreshing and can be served hot or cold, sweet or savory. The process of removing the bitterness is quite troublesome, involving manual stem removal and complex kneading. My grandmother often cooks this green soup, adding sweet potatoes to it. The soup tastes sweet and refreshing. I like to chill it and drink it cold, especially in the summer, as it’s very cooling.

Katherine:This soup sounds unique, being both a sweet and savory option. I would like to try it if I get the chance.

沒有留言 :

張貼留言