2020年6月4日 星期四

A change in my life/ 林恬樂

A change in my life
林恬樂

I completely changed my personality because of my grandpa. He taught me lots of things to be a better person. I was raised by my grandparents in my childhood. My grandpa took care of me very carefully. I was a naughty girl, and I usually played out of control, but he still showed his patience and was nice to me. Sometimes I thought that he was an angel on the ground.

I did not like animals when I was little; but after I saw my grandpa taking a bone out of a stray dog’s throat, I changed. In the past, I considered that animals were all dangerous and unfriendly. I did not know that those stray dogs and cats were thrown by their owners. They didn’t have places to live, and even nothing to eat. My grandpa told me that we should help others if we have enough abilities. He wasn’t afraid of being biting by them. He only wanted to help them. The dog which was helped by my grandpa come to my house regularly to stay with him. I learned how to be a kind person from him. It seemed that they have a strong connection with each other. I was touched by them. And I also learned to be a kind person.

My grandpa is always nice to everyone, and also his family members. We are usually polite to someone weren’t familiar with. But we sometimes acted impatiently to our parents or lovers. My grandpa said that family is the most important thing in our life. We need to cherish it. We couldn’t do anything to hurt them or we will regret someday. After he told me this principle, every time I had arguments with my mom or sister, I communicated with them calmly. I reminded myself that I should not say mean words.

My grandpa never punished me. Except once I lied to him. One day, I was playing toys with my sister. I dropped her toys and they were broken. But I didn’t admit for the first time. I said that I didn’t touch her toys. And then my grandpa asked my sister. She told him that she saw me dropping her toys with her own eyes. My grandpa got mad and asked me to stand by the wall for one hour. I think that I was shocked by that experience. So I don’t lie to others anymore. I believe that honesty is the best policy now.

After my grandpa died, I thought about what he said to me again and again. The little lessons and changes during my childhood eventually made a big change to me. I determined to be a kind and honest person like him. My original personality was totally changed by him.

沒有留言 :

張貼留言